Ways To Give
Make a Gift
While Overton Park is free to visit 365 days a year, it costs about $1 million annually to keep it clean and welcoming. The Conservancy must raise about 85% of its budget every year from private donors. A gift of any amount is an investment in a public space that brings our city together.
- Sponsor a day in the park for $1,000 per day (to be recognized with a custom banner hung in the park)
- Offer a challenge grant opportunity to encourage gifts from the community
- Include the Conservancy in your employee matching gift program
- Schedule a company volunteer work day
Interested in learning more about organizational sponsorship opportunities? Contact Kaci Murley at [email protected] or 901-214-5450.
- Make a one-time or monthly sustaining gift by visiting www.overtonpark.org/give
- Mail a check to Overton Park Conservancy, P.O. Box 42189, Memphis, TN 38174
- Check to see if your company offers a matching gift program
- Name Overton Park Conservancy as a beneficiary in your will
- Make a gift of securities (call 901-214-5450 for information)
Roots Giving Society
Are you an Overton Park supporter who enjoys getting together with your neighbors for fun in the park? Overton Park Roots offers Conservancy donors who give $240 or more a year the chance to enjoy the park on a whole new level. Roots members receive benefits including:
- Exclusive invitations to annual events including fall’s Flashlights in the Forest night hike
- Member gift
- 25% discount on facility rentals at Overton Park
- Occasional roundtable discussions with Overton Park Conservancy leadership
- Recognition in Conservancy communications, including newsletters, reports, and website
To become a member of Roots, visit www.overtonpark.org/give and choose a monthly donation of $20 or more, or a one-time donation of $240.
Canopy Giving Society
For Overton Park supporters who give $1,000 or more per year, we are pleased to offer membership in the Canopy giving society. As a Canopy member, you will have the opportunity to attend social gatherings during the year and roundtable discussions with Conservancy leadership, as well as invitations to exclusive events, such as park tours with scientists and researchers.
In addition, you may also choose to designate your donation as a sponsorship of A Day in Overton Park. Your sponsorship will be acknowledged through temporary signage in the park, recognizing your family, or anyone you specify, and you will receive a certificate of sponsorship.
Canopy members receive all benefits of the Roots giving society plus additional event invitations and the opportunity to place a banner at the park on the sponsored day of your choice. To become a member of Canopy, visit www.overtonpark.org/give and choose a monthly donation of $80 or more, or a one-time donation of $1,000.
The Poplar Society
The Poplar Society is a special group of individuals who have committed to protect the park for future generations by remembering the Conservancy in their estate plans today.
Your deferred gift can be designated for future capital improvements or the Overton Park Sustainability Fund, an endowment that will provide annual support for essential operations and upkeep.
You can become a member through many planned giving options, including wills, charitable gift annuities, trusts, life insurance, or retirement plans. Your attorney or financial advisor may have suggestions that are best suited to your unique needs.
Members of the Poplar Society receive:
- The opportunity to work with the Conservancy to leave a legacy that is meaningful to you and your family.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to plan for, sustain, and protect our ability to continue to foster a beautiful, welcoming, and safe park for the next generation of users.
- An exclusive Poplar Society photo of the park framed for displaying in your home or office.
- Option to have your name listed as a member of the Poplar Society on overtonpark.org.
- Your membership acknowledged and prominently displayed as a spotlight on social media and/or the Conservancy’s website.
To learn how you can leave your legacy gift to the Conservancy, please contact our Deputy Executive Director, Kaci Murley, at kmurley @ overtonpark.org.