August 2, 2021:
Overton Park Conservancy is seeking a part-time Office Administrator.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Office Administrator will be responsible for clerical and administrative tasks including coordinating meetings and appointments, performing data entry, and providing excellent customer service for park visitors and constituents. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Conservancy’s mission of creating a beautiful, safe, and welcoming space for our diverse community to gather, along with experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all aspects of day-to-day administrative processes, including but not limited to:
- Manage emails, letters, packages, phone calls, and other forms of correspondence.
- Prepare donation acknowledgements and necessary donor follow-up.
- Assist with maintenance of donor database and recordkeeping.
- Assist with some financial and bookkeeping tasks.
- Coordinate with staff and outside CPA and Auditors in preparation for year-end audit/990.
- Assist in the update of necessary policies and procedures and employee handbook.
- Assist with scheduling of board and committee meetings, including preparing and distributing materials for meetings, attending meetings, and preparing minutes.
- Maintain office supply inventory and office equipment, including scheduled maintenance.
- Serve as support for other departments as needed.
- At least two years of experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Donor database experience, particularly Salesforce, preferred
- Outgoing people person with good writing and speaking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Consistently positive outlook with can-do attitude toward challenges
- Collaborative spirit; works well with team members; willing does whatever needs to be done
- Proactive self-starter; takes initiative to identify and address needs
- Highly organized; efficient; productive; follows through on commitments and assignments
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work without close supervision
- Dependable; trustworthy; uses good judgment
- Capacity and willingness to learn new software
This is a part-time, hourly position requiring approximately 24 hours per week. Work is largely performed in an office environment. However, it will sometimes be necessary for the employee to tour the park and attend events. This requires walking, standing, and carrying materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Compensation range for this position is approximately $16 to $20 per hour, based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off, holidays, and health insurance coverage.
Overton Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
No phone calls, please. Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.