What’s the only way to top a great party? By adding even more magic! And that’s just what A Magical Night at Overton Park did for its second year, adding beautiful new touches to the party and welcoming over 150 more guests than in 2012. More than 400 park supporters were welcomed into a spectacularly lit formal garden, filled with vintage furniture and decorations, the smooth sounds of jazz, and delicious treats.
But most importantly, A Magical Night at Overton Park raised valuable funds for park operations. Guests also contributed to the upcoming bicycle and pedestrian plaza by donating pavers and benches. We’ll have the final tally available soon, but our donations and ticket sales exceeded all our expectations. We’re so proud to be part of this incredible community of park supporters.
It requires an incredible amount of teamwork to create an evening that is entertaining, memorable, and above all valuable for the work being done in Overton Park. Here’s just a short list of the people who made it all possible:
- Our sponsors: FedEx, Classic Party Rentals, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee, Echo Systems, Ernst & Young, First Tennessee Bank, inbalance FITNESS, Independent Bank, Memphis Zoo, SunTrust Bank, and Wunderlich Securities
- All the vendors who made the event sparkle: Classic Party Rentals, Propcellar, Lynn Doyle Flowers, Special Events Rental Services, A Moveable Feast, Protech Security, Kelly Valet Parking, Safety Quip, Moonshine Lighting, Profound Sound, Buster’s Liquors, Echo Systems, Charles and Praxediz Brittenum, Jamille JAM Hunter & Mood Swing, and Breeze
- Our host committee: George & Bena Cates, Bill Ferguson & Anne Frassinelli, Stacey Greenberg & Warren Oster, Dr. Patrick & Deidre Malone, Katie & Tom Midgley, Gary & Glenda Shorb, and Dr. Frank & Melanie White
- Belinda Anderson, Overton Park Conservancy’s committee chair for events and volunteers, whose ideas, inspirations, and tireless effort played a huge role in shaping the evening
- The many volunteers hung posters around town, lit hundreds of candles, greeted our guests, and so much more
- All the wonderful park supporters who came out, brought their friends, and celebrated all the great things happening in Overton Park
We can’t wait to do it all again in 2014! We’ll let you know as soon as we have a date so you can mark your calendars.