Since this is the week for giving thanks, the Overton Park Conservancy team wants you to know how much we appreciate you. Your support enables us to:
- Work every day to maintain an extraordinary public park so that our community has a beautiful, safe, and welcoming space to come together;
- Protect crucial habitat for creatures like birds and pollinators that are under threat from climate change, habitat loss, and more.
What a gift to have a place where we can do both of those things, and to have a community that understands why each is so important.
Giving Tuesday is one week from today, and it’s another opportunity for us to say thanks. We’ll recognize your gifts with photos we’ve taken in the Old Forest this year, like the wood thrush shown above. And we’ll be doubling your gifts! Our Board of Directors is offering a match of up to $50,000 starting today, and Facebook will be matching gifts starting at 7 AM on Giving Tuesday.
Here’s what you need to know:
– You can donate starting right now at overtonpark.org/give. Let us know what type of photo you’d like, and we’ll post it in your honor on Tuesday.
– Donate to our Facebook Fundraiser starting at 7 AM on Tuesday. If you donate directly to that fundraiser, Facebook will double your gift until its matching pool of $7M is depleted. (This usually happens very quickly, so set your alarms!)
– ALL gifts (made on our website, social media, snail-mail, or in person) count toward the $50,000 board match, from now until those funds are depleted.
Help us celebrate the richness of our forest habitat while helping to preserve it! Last year we had 75 donations on Giving Tuesday, and we hope to leave that record in the dust. We can’t wait to share the beauty of the forest with you.