Review Rental Info and Confirm Availability
- June 4, 2021: Overton Park Conservancy is accepting rental applications for our venues, except Rainbow Lake Pavilion, which is still under repair.
- Begin the rental process on the “Facilities and Fees” page.
- EVENTS WITH 25+ ATTENDEES MUST BE RESERVED A MINIMUM OF ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE to obtain the required City of Memphis Assembly Permit.
- All events will require a COVID-19 Safety Plan per City of Memphis Parks and Permits until further notice.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive the latest Overton Park information from the Conservancy!
Interested in renting one of Overton Park’s facilities for your event? Please read the following information, and then fill out the inquiry form below.
Important Rental Information
- We do not offer shorter time slots. Rentals are all day/one event per day per facility. Permitted renters are welcome to use the venue for as much or as little time as they like, sunrise to sunset (official park hours of operation).
- You must be 21+ years old to rent a venue in Overton Park.
- There are no rain dates or refunds due to weather or seasonal conditions.
- Parking is first come first served throughout Overton Park. It is strongly recommended to arrive early on weekends to your rental venue.
- Bring Your Own event equipment e.g. grills, hose, tables (as needed, see facilities details), etc.
- Dispose of coals in coal bin provided or off park grounds.
- Inflatables, portables, game trucks, etc. are prohibited in Overton Park without a rental contract. Renter must use vendor insured with Overton Park Conservancy; a list of approved vendors will be provided upon request.
- Renters are responsible for leaving the venue as it was found upon arrival, including providing general cleanup, temporary signage only, no staking, no temporary marking e.g. chalk or paint, glitter and confetti must be completely removed, proper coals disposal, etc.
- Overton Park Conservancy is not responsible for special events held by separate entities located within the Overton Park complex that may cause inconveniences for your rental such as noise or parking congestion, e.g., a concert at Levitt Shell or a large event at the Memphis Zoo. Please research potential conflicts BEFORE you fill out a rental application and pay a deposit with Overton Park Conservancy:
- Overton Park calendar (NOT comprehensive, typically only reflects upcoming 60 days): overtonpark.org/events
- Levitt Shell, levittshell.org, (901) 300-3011, email@example.com
- Memphis Zoo, memphiszoo.org, (901) 333-6500, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brooks Museum, brooksmuseum.org, (901) 544-6200, www.brooksmuseum.org/contact
- WALK/RUN EVENT UPDATES FOR 2021:
- Walk/Run rentals will no longer be subject to a post-event fee per person over the initial 100 registrants
- Pavilion rental fee required for staging a Walk/Run in conjunction with Old Forest Lane paved trail rental
- Use of vehicular roads NOT PERMITTED at the Conservancy’s discretion due to impacts on guests and other park entities
- ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION IN PUBLIC SPACES IN THE CITY OF MEMPHIS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED without special permits/fees from TN Alcohol Commission and City of Memphis Beer Board. Permitted alcohol consumption at events in Overton Park requires disclosure on this application and permission from Overton Park Conservancy.
- OVERTON PARK CONSERVANCY RENTAL PERMITS FOR EVENTS WITH 25+ ATTENDEES ARE NOT VALID WITHOUT SEPARATE CITY OF MEMPHIS PERMIT(S)
- PUBLIC EVENTS MAY NOT BE PROMOTED UNTIL FEES ARE PAID AND ALL NECESSARY PERMITS OBTAINED
After you have reviewed the available facilities and fees and the important information above, you can get in touch with us in two ways:
- Fill out the form below, and a staff member will get in touch with you.
- Contact Conservancy staff at (901) 509-3789.
Note: We reserve events up to one year in advance.